Where old meets new. Beautifully.


m menu image Home Shopping Cart

Secure Shopping

Online Payment Processing website security


Can I order by mail?

Mail orders are welcome and should be sent to:

Antique Hardware & More

2401 West Branch Rd.; State College, PA  16801

What forms of payment do we accept?

  • Personal checks and money orders. Please be sure to include $6.99 for shipping your order.
  • Major Credit Cards including Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express
  • Paypal

All on-line orders are done on a secure server for your protection.

What is our return policy? 

Returns are accpepted within 30 days of delivery with a return authorization code.  To obtain the code, call 814-777-7544.  We refund the purchase price but not the original shipping. 

How do we ship?

Most orders ship using the US Postal Service.  Our standard delivery is First Class Mail with expedited shipping arriving via Priority Mail.  Overnight shipping is available.  Contact 814-777-7544 for shipping information.

How soon will the item ship?

Most items ship within 24 hours of placing the order.

How do I measure for a drawer pull?

The primary measurement you need when measuring for a drawer pull is to measure from the center of one mounting hole to the center of the other.   The most common meausrement is 3" but pulls come a wide array of sizes..  The measurement is called either 'centers' or 'borings'.  

What does 'centers' or 'borings' mean?

The terms 'centers' or 'borings' refer to the distance from the center of one mounting hole to the center of the other. 

What is 'cast brass'?

'Cast brass' refers to pieces made by melting brass (along with small amounts of other metals added for durabilty) and pouring it into a mold.  The brass will harden again as it cools and maiting the ship of the mold.  Cast brass pieces tend to be heavier and very durable.

What is 'stamped brass'?

'Stamped brass' is made by stamping a piece from a sheet of brass.  The resulting item is thinner but once mounted is very durable and will last for years.  Typically, a decoartive back plate would be made from stamped brass while the functional parts of the item such as the bail or handle as well as the attaching hardware are made of cast brass for duratibilty.

What is 'cast iron'?

Iron is melted and poured into a mold.  The iron hardens as it cools and retains the shape of the mold.

What is 'forged steel'?

To make an item of forged steel, the steel heated  until it is malleable and then is pressed, pounded or bent into a desired shape. The result is an exceptionally strong item that will stand up to years of heavy use.

What is 'bakelite'?

Bakelite was on the first plastics and was popular in the first half of the twentieth century.  Bakelite was commonly used is furniture hardware during this time to add beautilful accents of color and texture.

 What pull can I use on my dressers that has bowed drawers?

Curved or bowed front drawers frequently called serpentine drawers and were common to different periods of furniture.  There have been pulls specifically designed for this type of drawer front in the past, but unless you have a drawer with a severe bow, you are not limited to that specific type of pull. In most cases, a drawer pull that mounts using eyebolts works well. The design of the eye bolt allows for enough play to compensate for the curve allowing the pull to move freely.  Also you would not want to choose a cast brass backplate but either  a stamped brass one or one with uses two back plates or rosettes.